Regional Development Australia – Far South Coast (RDA FSC) is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Far South Coast of New South Wales.
For both the 187 and 489 Visas, please note that RDA FSC requires applicants to demonstrate their suitability via a complete and accurate application as per the requirements noted on this website. Inaccurate and/or incomplete applications will be assessed as unsuccessful. This RCB takes matters of identification seriously. Any anomaly or inconsistency in identification will result in an unsuccessful outcome. We are unable to seek clarification or request missing documentation – applications are assessed as submitted. You must ensure that ALL Essential Documentation is submitted with your application. Once your application has been submitted and you have received your acknowledgement e-mail, you are unable to add any further documentation. No refunds are given under any circumstances.
With regard to the requirement for Certified Copies: PLEASE NOTE: Electronic documents are able to be certified under certain conditions according to the most recent Justice of the Peace Handbook (page 37). RDA FSC does not accept digital certificates.
According to RDA FSC, colour copies are not classified as certified.
Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa – Provisional (subclass 489)
Receipt of your application and processing fee for a 489 Visa does not guarantee approval by RDA FSC or an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
The Assessment Panel will assess your application with regard to your suitability to meet our regional skill requirements and any additional requirements as noted in the list of occupations currently eligible for nomination in the Far South Coast, NSW region.
RDA FSC considers a range of other information when assessing each application including, but not limited to, the applicants previous employment experience, ranking in relation to other applicants, demonstrated character and employment opportunities currently available in the region. Please note that the RDA FSC Assessment Panel considers each application in light of these criteria.
RDA FSC reserves the right to change this criteria from time to time and will not discuss, review or refund applications that are declined.
RDA FSC takes its role as the Regional Certifying Body seriously and recognises this responsibility in choosing the most appropriate applicants to be invited to our region.
With this in mind, please note that RDA FSC expects applicants to demonstrate their suitability via a complete and accurate application as per the requirements noted on this website. Inaccurate and/or incomplete applications will not be approved and, as noted elsewhere, no refunds are given under any circumstances.
Regardless of whether your application is successful or unsuccessful there are no refunds. You will be notified of our decision by email within three months of receipt of your application and payment. Once you have been notified, no further correspondence will be entered into regarding our decision. By applying, you accept all the Terms and Conditions required by this RCB.
Click here to view the RDA FSC occupations currently eligible for nomination
RDA FSC welcomes overseas skilled workers to apply for regional sponsorship under the Skilled Regional Sponsored (489 Visa) program. This is just one way our organisation is committed to addressing skills in need and to enhance business development in our region.
The long term objective is to encourage skilled workers to stay in the region. This visa is valid for up to four years for the applicant and their dependants. However, after two years of living in regional Australia, including at least 12 months full time work in regional Australia; sponsored skilled workers may apply for the subclass 887 Permanent Visa –provided they meet DIBP requirements.
If you are seeking regional nomination for the Skilled Regional Sponsored program by RDA FSC then you must self-assess and ensure you meet the Assessment Requirements outlined below. You must provide your DIBP SkillSelect EOI number to RDA FSC in your application (refer to Assessment Requirements, Point 4 – SkillSelect Points Test). Please ensure your SkillSelect EOI number is correct before providing this information to us.The processing fee must be paid up front and is non-refundable.
Please note: By applying for a 489 Visa through RDA FSC you commit to making a genuine effort to satisfy your 489 Visa conditions in the FSC region. The conditions are: at least two years living in the Far South Coast regional area; and full-time equivalent employment for at least 1 year. You are expected to make genuine attempts to find work in the Far South Coast, this includes the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of; Shoalhaven, Eurobodalla and Bega Valley. This does not include Illawarra.
For Information on the Far South Coast Region, please download the Migrant Information Booklet.
All applicants must meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s (DIBP) requirements for this visa.
1. The applicant must be under 45 years of age.
2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Please note that RDA FSC may have additional English language and/or other requirements for some occupations. Please see the Eligible Occupations List (link above) for Additional Requirements. Please note that Additional Requirements are not negotiable.
If there is no Additional Requirement regarding English language ability, this RCB requires applicants to submit an IELTS test result (or equivalent) that is not more than two years old at the time of submitting the full application, and with a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components, unless there are specific skill requirements, or the applicant must meet the English language threshold. The applicant meets the English language threshold if they hold a valid passport from one of the following countries:
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- The Republic of Ireland
- New Zealand
RDA FSC also accepts equivalent scores in the following English language tests:
- TOEFL iBT
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
Please note the English language test must be no more than two (2) years old at the time of submission of the application.
3. Skilled Occupation
The applicant must nominate a skilled occupation befitting their skills and qualifications which is identified on the RDA FSC Eligible Occupations List (see below). Potential applicants must have a current skills assessment completed by one of the Australian Authorised Assessment bodies as determined by Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Please note, if we require specified employment experience, the Skills Assessment should identify the employment period at an appropriately skilled level and relevancy. The Skills Assessment certification will override other documentation in determining the period of employment.
4. SkillSelect Points Test
The applicant must score a minimum of 60 points on the SkillSelect Points Test (regional sponsorship automatically achieves 10 points). Upon successful completion of the SkillSelect Points Test you will be allocated a SkillSelect EOI number.
5. Health Requirements.
The applicant and family members must satisfy the health requirements as specified in the Migration Regulations.
6. Good Character.
The applicant and family members over 16 years of age must be of good character.
For more information on the Points Based Skilled Migration system refer to
DIBP Booklet 6 https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf
To apply for the Skilled Regional Sponsored – 489 Visa in the Far South Coast region, the applicant must meet the basic requirements as set down by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), the NSW Department of Industry and any additional conditions noted by RDA FSC, and MUST include the following supporting documentation:
- Evidence of processing fee payment
- Completed NSW Form R,
- Certified copy of appropriate skills assessment,
- Completed Form 956 (if using a Migration Agent),
- Skill Select EOI Number,
- Skill Select EOI Form,
- Skill Select Points Summary Form,
- Certified copy of IELTS (or other) test results (test must be no more than two years old),
- Current Resume/CV clearly indicating addresses and contact details for employers and specifying position/s held,
- Certified copies of ALL educational qualifications and academic transcripts,
- Certified copy of current and valid passport details page (for applicant and dependants),
- Evidence of work experience (if required).
Please note that RDA FSC expects applicants or their agents to demonstrate their suitability via a complete and accurate application as per the requirements noted on this website. Inaccurate and/or incomplete applications will not be be approved and, as noted elsewhere, no refunds are given under any circumstances.
The application may be paper-based or in electronic form.
1. Email or post your application including supporting documentation (outlined above) to firstname.lastname@example.org or RCB Office, RDA FSC, PO Box 1227, Nowra, NSW 2541.
2. Once the application for regional sponsorship is received, a Regional Certifying Officer will notify the applicant or migration agent by email and advise the RDA FSC reference number. Please use this reference number in any communications with RDA FSC.
Please note, processing can take up to three months and we are unable to offer expedited processing on 489 Visa applications.
If you have a query regarding the application during assessment process, please email the office at email@example.com quoting your reference number. Do not phone. Please note that every unnecessary enquiry delays the application process, therefore we ask that you read through our website first as your enquiry may well be answered there.
3. Once the application assessment is complete a Regional Certifying Officer will email you or your migration agent with the outcome.
4. If your application is successful, RDA FSC will forward the completed Form R to NSW Department of Industry who will nominate you on the SkillSelect website for regional sponsorship.This nomination process may take up to seven (7) working days. For more information regarding SkillSelect please refer to the DIBP Booklet 11.
5. If successful, you will then receive an invitation from DIBP to apply for the 489 Visa. You have 60 days from the date of nomination on SkillSelect to do this. During the 60 day period your SkillSelect profile is locked and you cannot be nominated for any other visa on this EOI number.
6. Complete the online application for the 489 Visa with DIBP, providing all supporting documentation as previously listed.
7. Wait for notification from DIBP regarding your visa application processing and result. Please forward to us via e-mail your communication from DIBP which advises you of the result – whether positive or negative. If the result is positive please advise us via e-mail of your likely arrival in Australia and/or Far South Coast, NSW. We will then send you further information on settling in the Far South Coast. Please quote your reference number in all communication with RDA FSC.
Please note: It is your responsibility to secure employment, housing, transport etc. RDA FSC does not accept responsibility for your welfare or that of your dependants nor do we assist directly with your settlement in the region.
$770.00AUD including GST (onshore or offshore).
Payable by electronic funds transfer. Non-refundable.
Electronic Funds Transfer
Bank Institution: St George Bank
Address of Bank: Kogarah, 4-16 Montgomery Street, NSW, Australia
Account Name: RDA FSC Funded Projects Account
BSB: 112 879
Account Number: 41 066 5970
Reference: 489, “Name of applicant”
SWIFT Code: SGBLAU2S
Processing of the application will not begin until the processing fee is paid.
Include the EFT receipt in your application ensuring that the date of deposit is clearly visible.
Submit all supporting documentation required. Failure to provide all the required documentation will result in a negative result. No refunds are given under any circumstances.
CONTACT RDA FSC
Phone: 02 4422 9011
Postal Address: PO Box 1227, Nowra, NSW, 2541
Contact RDA FSC (RDA Far South Coast)
Phone: +61 2 4422 9011
Postal Address: PO Box 1227, Nowra, NSW, 2541