Fostering Integration Grants
The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program: Fostering Integration Grants in 2019-20.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to facilitate the participation, integration and social cohesion of both newly arrived migrants and culturally diverse communities in Australia by:
- encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civic life, and build community resilience
- promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
- promoting a greater understanding and acceptance of racial, religious and cultural diversity
- addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to contribute to an integrated and cohesive multicultural Australia where migrants:
- have capacity to communicate in English, the national language of Australia
- actively participate in Australian society through work, school, sport or other community activities
- embrace Australian values and abide by Australian laws
- are gainfully employed
- are resilient in times of crisis
- have social networks that cross ethnic and religious groups
- are welcomed and supported by the broader Australian community.
Closing Date 5 November 2019
The NSW Government is committed to supporting primary producers manage the ongoing impacts of drought through a range of targeted assistance measures. In May 2020, the NSW Government invested an additional $116 million to continue the Drought Transport Subsidy...
The Australian Government will inject $250 million into regional tourism, encouraging more Australians to travel and experience a home-grown holiday, boosting regional jobs and local economies. The package includes two measures: $50 million Regional Tourism Recovery...
Southland Set to Take Local Stories to the Screen TEN young aspiring filmmakers will gain the opportunity to tell their stories of the South Coast, after a Culburra Beach start-up won a coveted Screenrights Cultural Fund grant this month. Southland Creative — a...
The Australian Government will invest $2 billion to give hundreds of thousands of Australians access to new skills by retaining and upskilling them into sectors with job opportunities. The package consist of: The new $1 billion JobTrainer program to provide up to an...