Fostering Integration Grants
The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program: Fostering Integration Grants in 2019-20.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to facilitate the participation, integration and social cohesion of both newly arrived migrants and culturally diverse communities in Australia by:
- encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civic life, and build community resilience
- promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
- promoting a greater understanding and acceptance of racial, religious and cultural diversity
- addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to contribute to an integrated and cohesive multicultural Australia where migrants:
- have capacity to communicate in English, the national language of Australia
- actively participate in Australian society through work, school, sport or other community activities
- embrace Australian values and abide by Australian laws
- are gainfully employed
- are resilient in times of crisis
- have social networks that cross ethnic and religious groups
- are welcomed and supported by the broader Australian community.
Closing Date 5 November 2019
BBRF Focusses On Drought Support The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development, the Hon Michael McCormack MP, has today announced the opening of Round Four of the Building Better Regions Fund (BBRF). Round Four is aimed...read more
CASH SUPPORT FOR NSW WOMEN’S WEEK EVENTS Women across NSW will benefit from a share of $100,000 on offer towards community, education and mentoring events set to take place during NSW Women’s Week 2020. Minister for Women, Bronnie Taylor today urged all local...read more
The Australian Government is inviting organisations through an open, non-competitive process to apply for grant funding under the Veteran and Community Grants Program from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. The objective of the program is to maintain and improve the...read more
The $50 million Manufacturing Modernisation Fund supports manufacturers to modernise, adopt new technologies, become more productive and create more jobs by co-funding capital investments and associated reskilling. Modernisation can include technology upgrades,...read more