Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program
People across regional NSW can celebrate their community and reconnect with neighbours and friends at local markets, carnivals, festivals and fairs, thanks to a new $25 million Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program.
Eligible applicants must be local councils located in regional NSW, excluding Metropolitan Sydney Newcastle, Wollongong, Blue Mountains and Wollondilly.
The $25 million Community Events Program is part of the $200 million Regional Recovery Package and is designed to provide immediate positive economic and social benefits to regional NSW.
- be open to all members of the public
- free to attend or a very small fee to cover any extra costs
- have a primary purpose of reconnecting communities and improving social cohesion of the local community
- be held before 31 March 2023.
Examples of eligible events include:
- community markets
- festivals and fairs
- sporting events
- food and leisure events
- recovery events
- community classes and workshops
- agricultural field days (run by community organisations)
- theatre programs & touring events
- community public holiday events (Anzac Day or Australia Day, for example).
Applicants can apply for multiple events in the one application.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the SmartyGrants portal. You will need the following information:
- basic organisation details including $20 million Public Liability Insurance certificate for the event organiser
- proposed event(s) and project costs
- response to assessment criteria
- an invoice for 80 percent of the amount outlined in the funding allocation letter excluding GST (for council applicants).
Applications Open: Thursday 7 April 2022
Applications Close: Friday 24 June 2022 at 5pm AEST
Resources & More Information
The following resources will help you with your application:
- Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program Guidelines (PDF, 21.48 MB)
- Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program Sample Application Form and Funding Deed (PDF, 441.86 KB)
This event starter guide will help you navigate many of the issues involved in organising public, outdoor events in NSW.
More information can be obtained by contacting the Department of Regional NSW.
Ph: 1300 679 673
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org launch
Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by Department staff, and eligible applicants will enter into a simple, legally binding funding agreement.
Friday 30 June 2023 Selling to Government – refreshed content for businesses on supplying to the Australian Government The Future Made in Australia Office, within the Department of Finance, has refined the Selling to Government website. It now has updated information...
Wednesday 28 June 2023 Dear RDA Chairs, RDA Deputy Chairs, RDA Directors and RDA Executive Officers Consultation opens on new laws to protect Australians online Public consultation has commenced on a new framework to empower the Australian Communications and Media...