Career Revive Initiative
Recruit Talented Women Seeking To Return To Work
The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business is undertaking an expression of interest (EOI) process to select 10 businesses across regional Australia to participate in the Career Revive initiative. This is an exciting opportunity for medium to large regional businesses to receive tailored business improvement assistance to increase your organisation’s ability to attract and retain skilled women from a wider talent pool.
How Can I Participate?
Express your interest for the return to work program – EOI open until COB Friday, 28 June 2019.
To be eligible to participate in Career Revive, businesses:
- should be a medium to large business (20+ employees)
- must be located in a regional area (including all areas of Tasmania and the Northern Territory and any business operating in multiple locations where one of the locations is a regional town)
- want to strengthen their business recruitment practices to better recruit and retain women. This may include considering flexible working arrangements and/or a supported returner program.
What Will I Get Out Of participating?
Businesses who participate in the initiative will benefit from expert advice provided by a Business Improvement Consultant at no cost to them.
The Business Improvement Consultant will:
- review your business’ physical workplace, processes, policies and workplace culture to identify potential barriers that might prevent your business from attracting talented women seeking to return to work
- offer guidance on how to improve these practices and policies, as well as develop a tailored action plan to establish a supported returner program within your business that would make you an employer of choice for women looking to rekindle their careers after an extended career break
- develop a case study of the business for inclusion in an online toolkit that will provide best practice advice, practical resources and learnings for all businesses.
If you have any queries regarding completing the EOI please contact CareerRevive@jobs.gov.au or on (02) 6240 9471.
Ernst & Young have been in discussions with the Department of Regional NSW about delivering tailored and intensive support for bushfire affected businesses in the region. As a result of those conversations, RDA FSC is pleased to advise the establishment of virtual...
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST The Commonwealth Government has pledged $5 million to build a Veterans’ Wellbeing Centre in Nowra, to provide integrated support and services to veterans and their families from the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands. The Nowra VWC...
Regional Bushfire Recovery and Development Program Local economic recovery plans will help towns and regions hit by bushfires get back on their feet as part of a new $650 million package of support from the Australian Government. As part of the Regional Bushfire...
The Fair Work Commission has advised of the following changes to workplace laws to support employees and employers during the coronavirus pandemic. JobKeeper Scheme The Fair Work Act has been amended to support the implementation and operation of the JobKeeper wage...