Career Revive Initiative
Recruit Talented Women Seeking To Return To Work
The Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business is undertaking an expression of interest (EOI) process to select 10 businesses across regional Australia to participate in the Career Revive initiative. This is an exciting opportunity for medium to large regional businesses to receive tailored business improvement assistance to increase your organisation’s ability to attract and retain skilled women from a wider talent pool.
How Can I Participate?
Express your interest for the return to work program – EOI open until COB Friday, 28 June 2019.
To be eligible to participate in Career Revive, businesses:
- should be a medium to large business (20+ employees)
- must be located in a regional area (including all areas of Tasmania and the Northern Territory and any business operating in multiple locations where one of the locations is a regional town)
- want to strengthen their business recruitment practices to better recruit and retain women. This may include considering flexible working arrangements and/or a supported returner program.
What Will I Get Out Of participating?
Businesses who participate in the initiative will benefit from expert advice provided by a Business Improvement Consultant at no cost to them.
The Business Improvement Consultant will:
- review your business’ physical workplace, processes, policies and workplace culture to identify potential barriers that might prevent your business from attracting talented women seeking to return to work
- offer guidance on how to improve these practices and policies, as well as develop a tailored action plan to establish a supported returner program within your business that would make you an employer of choice for women looking to rekindle their careers after an extended career break
- develop a case study of the business for inclusion in an online toolkit that will provide best practice advice, practical resources and learnings for all businesses.
If you have any queries regarding completing the EOI please contact CareerRevive@jobs.gov.au or on (02) 6240 9471.
RDA NSW and ACT Network meet in Orange Regional Development Australia (RDA) Central West has welcomed Orange being the location for the first ever regional meeting of RDA members from across NSW and ACT. 25 delegates consisting of the respective Chairs and CEOs from...read more
Ministers Gareth Ward and Geoffrey Lee joined local industry, business and education leaders to launch the Shoalhaven STEMship program at Global Defence Solutions in Nowra on Friday. The STEMship students will complete a Certificate II in Aeroskills over a 17-week...read more
Regional Development Australia Far South Coast is proud to announce the inaugural meeting of Regional Investment Officers (RIOs), based within the Australian Territories of Jervis Bay, Indian Ocean and Norfolk Island. Regional Development Australia Far South Coast,...read more
On Friday, 5 July 2019, Regional Development Australia – Far South Coast (RDA FSC), in collaboration with Booderee National Park, Wreck Bay Aboriginal Community Council and Vincentia High School (VHS) delivered Vincentia High School’s inaugural NAIDOC Careers Expo....read more