For Information On Bushfires
- Check Fires Near Me page for current incidents (or download the app)
- Listen to local media, radio stations – ABC is the official broadcaster (1300222923)
- Check social media such as NSW RFS Facebook and NSW RFS Twitter (beware gossip on social media)
- Bush Fire Information Line – 1800 679 737
- The number to phone for support with government services is 180 22 66
- If you come across anyone that needs support with identification they need to go into your local Centrelink office.
- Disaster Welfare Services Phone: 1800 018 444
- Lifeline 13 1114
There are numerous emergency and evacuation centres set up throughout the fire impacted regions – note that FACS isn’t represented at all of them. You need to find a FACS supported centre to access government support.
- If you need emergency support and can’t find your local centre visit or phone your local service clubs (e.g. RSLs) as a first point of call.
- Regarding donations check in with the site prior to making donations (for example, many already have an abundance of things like clothing)
- If you represent – or have contact with community services try and get either a team member or at least contact numbers to emergency centres, the need in impacted communities is very high right now
- Transport to support services can be difficult for fire impacted people and they may need support with transport and phone access
- Please remember those impacted and also people who are volunteering their time haven’t slept for days, it’s likely emotions will run high. Care and patience is what people really need right now.
To register yourself as safe follow this link https://register.redcross.org.au/ or present at an official evacuation centre.
Opens: 12th of January 2021 - 10:00 amCloses: 5th of March 2021 - 5:00 pmValue: $5,000 to $1 MillionRun By: Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications The Community Investments Stream will fund new or...
CALLING FOR APPLICATIONS: CHAIR RDA FAR SOUTH COAST From 2021, RDA Chairs will lead their committees under a refreshed charter that focuses their role on driving investment and local procurement opportunities and through this, creating jobs and economic growth for our...
While many Australian businesses are having to make tough decisions in the wake of the pandemic, The Defence Force is one of the few employers expanding its workforce. In June, Scott Morrison committed to spending $270 billion over the next 10 years on defence...
Southland Set to Take Local Stories to the Screen TEN young aspiring filmmakers will gain the opportunity to tell their stories of the South Coast, after a Culburra Beach start-up won a coveted Screenrights Cultural Fund grant this month. Southland Creative — a...