Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST)
Closes: 17-Feb-2020 11:00 pm (ACT Local Time)
The Australian Government is inviting applications through a targeted, non-competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Assistance and Other Compensation for Veterans and Dependants Program – Payments to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) sub-program – Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST) Activity.
The BEST program (the program) forms part of the Government’s commitment to support the role of ex-service organisation (ESO) pension and welfare practitioners and advocates, who provide advice and assistance to the veteran and defence communities. It also links closely to the Advocacy Training and Development Program (ATDP), which provides the essential skills for claims, advocacy and welfare work.
BEST is intended to assist the veteran and defence communities by providing support and resources to ESO practitioners for pensions, advocacy and/or welfare work. It assists ESOs by providing a contribution to the work of these practitioners. It does not fully fund an organisation.
The objectives of the program are to assist ESOs to:
- improve the quality of claims received by DVA at the primary determining level
- reduce the rate of appeals to the Veterans’ Review Board (VRB) and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
- promote the provision of welfare services to the veteran and defence community.
The intended outcomes of the program are to ensure:
- the veteran and defence communities are able to benefit from having better informed ESO practitioners who can ensure claims lodged with DVA are of a high standard and contain all required information to enable timely and quality decisions
- ESO practitioners will assist in improving claims assessment efficiency
- the veteran and defence communities will have access to appropriate compensation and welfare advocacy services.
Boosting Female Founders Initiative – Assistance to Promote the LaunchThe Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) is calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the first round of the Boosting Female Founders Initiative...
Round 2019/20Department of Communications and the ArtsClosing: 16th March 2020 - 12:00 amFunding will be provided to organisations for activities that best contribute to delivery of the following Program outcomes: • a professional, viable and ethical Indigenous...
Bi-Annual One Off Grant OpportunityDepartment of HealthClosing: 2nd March 2020 - 2:00 pm (ACT Local Time)The grant opportunity is provided to support special measures for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people by assisting NATSIFAC Program service providers, in...
Department of Home AffairsClosing: 19 March 2020The objectives of the Safer Communities Fund Round 5: Early Intervention grants are to:contribute to the preservation of the safety of Australians through funding local crime prevention activities that address...