Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST)
Closes: 17-Feb-2020 11:00 pm (ACT Local Time)
The Australian Government is inviting applications through a targeted, non-competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Assistance and Other Compensation for Veterans and Dependants Program – Payments to Ex-Service Organisations (ESOs) sub-program – Building Excellence in Support and Training (BEST) Activity.
The BEST program (the program) forms part of the Government’s commitment to support the role of ex-service organisation (ESO) pension and welfare practitioners and advocates, who provide advice and assistance to the veteran and defence communities. It also links closely to the Advocacy Training and Development Program (ATDP), which provides the essential skills for claims, advocacy and welfare work.
BEST is intended to assist the veteran and defence communities by providing support and resources to ESO practitioners for pensions, advocacy and/or welfare work. It assists ESOs by providing a contribution to the work of these practitioners. It does not fully fund an organisation.
The objectives of the program are to assist ESOs to:
- improve the quality of claims received by DVA at the primary determining level
- reduce the rate of appeals to the Veterans’ Review Board (VRB) and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)
- promote the provision of welfare services to the veteran and defence community.
The intended outcomes of the program are to ensure:
- the veteran and defence communities are able to benefit from having better informed ESO practitioners who can ensure claims lodged with DVA are of a high standard and contain all required information to enable timely and quality decisions
- ESO practitioners will assist in improving claims assessment efficiency
- the veteran and defence communities will have access to appropriate compensation and welfare advocacy services.
Closes: 26-Feb-2020 11:00 pm (ACT Local Time)The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a restricted process to apply to deliver services under the Educating Kids About Agriculture: Kids to Farms grant program. The Educating Kids About Agriculture: Kids...read more
Closes: 19-Feb-2020 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time)The Maker Projects: Community STEM Engagement Grants aim to foster creativity and inquiry-based learning and support the development of STEM skills in students and youth under 18 years of age in design, engineering and...read more
Closes: 14-Feb-2020 11:00 pm (ACT Local Time)The Australian Government is inviting eligible organisations, via an open competitive process, to apply for capital grants under the Safe Places Emergency Accommodation program from 2020-21 to 2021-22.The objective of the...read more
Increasing Resilience to Climate Change (IRCC) – Community grants Round 1 open NOW The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment supports thriving, sustainable and resilient communities across NSW. By better understanding the impacts of climate...read more