‘Be a Changemaker’ Training Program
Fiona Hatcher, Chief Executive Officer, RDA FSC, recently presented 13 students from 6 local high schools with their awards for completing Sonder Youth’s 10 week ‘Be a Changemaker’ Program.
The Be a Changemaker Program is designed to equip young people with the skills and confidence they need to create change in their lives, and in the world around them.
The Program is run over 10 weeks, with participants attending one session per week during the school term. Some of the skills taught include communication, goal-setting, management and wellbeing and participants also collaborate on a change project “to tackle a social or global issue that matters to them.” At the end of the 10 weeks, participants present their project to an audience of teachers, local community and business leaders, as well as family and friends.
Recent Change Projects from the Far South Coast region included:
- Lucy Burton – “Joy of Happiness” – Generating happiness by encouraging people to practice more gratitude and mindfulness by appreciating the little things in life;
- Lily Thomas-McKnight – “Koori Girls are Leaders” – Empowering Aboriginal girls in primary school with leadership skills through school based workshops;
- Tori-Lee Featon – “Let’s Get Comfortable” – Reducing the stigma around mental illness by creating a program for discussion and mentorship between high school students;
- Jess Weakley, Oliver Woods, Sebastien Riou, Angus Ewers and Oscar Moysey – “The Envision Project” – A video series educating HSC students on how to reduce stress and manage their HSC experience in a positive way;
- Rosie Riddick, Leigh Hutcheson, Matt Nash, Joel Clifton and Emilio Goytizolo – “Healthy Hearts Healthy Minds (HHHM)” – A social media campaign educating teenagers on tools and strategies to care for their mental wellbeing while at school.
Local High School students who have just been presented with their awards for completing Sonder Youth’s 10 week ‘Be a Changemaker’ Program.
Ernst & Young have been in discussions with the Department of Regional NSW about delivering tailored and intensive support for bushfire affected businesses in the region. As a result of those conversations, RDA FSC is pleased to advise the establishment of virtual...
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST The Commonwealth Government has pledged $5 million to build a Veterans’ Wellbeing Centre in Nowra, to provide integrated support and services to veterans and their families from the Illawarra, Shoalhaven and Southern Highlands. The Nowra VWC...
Regional Bushfire Recovery and Development Program Local economic recovery plans will help towns and regions hit by bushfires get back on their feet as part of a new $650 million package of support from the Australian Government. As part of the Regional Bushfire...
The Fair Work Commission has advised of the following changes to workplace laws to support employees and employers during the coronavirus pandemic. JobKeeper Scheme The Fair Work Act has been amended to support the implementation and operation of the JobKeeper wage...