‘Be a Changemaker’ Training Program
Fiona Hatcher, Chief Executive Officer, RDA FSC, recently presented 13 students from 6 local high schools with their awards for completing Sonder Youth’s 10 week ‘Be a Changemaker’ Program.
The Be a Changemaker Program is designed to equip young people with the skills and confidence they need to create change in their lives, and in the world around them.
The Program is run over 10 weeks, with participants attending one session per week during the school term. Some of the skills taught include communication, goal-setting, management and wellbeing and participants also collaborate on a change project “to tackle a social or global issue that matters to them.” At the end of the 10 weeks, participants present their project to an audience of teachers, local community and business leaders, as well as family and friends.
Recent Change Projects from the Far South Coast region included:
- Lucy Burton – “Joy of Happiness” – Generating happiness by encouraging people to practice more gratitude and mindfulness by appreciating the little things in life;
- Lily Thomas-McKnight – “Koori Girls are Leaders” – Empowering Aboriginal girls in primary school with leadership skills through school based workshops;
- Tori-Lee Featon – “Let’s Get Comfortable” – Reducing the stigma around mental illness by creating a program for discussion and mentorship between high school students;
- Jess Weakley, Oliver Woods, Sebastien Riou, Angus Ewers and Oscar Moysey – “The Envision Project” – A video series educating HSC students on how to reduce stress and manage their HSC experience in a positive way;
- Rosie Riddick, Leigh Hutcheson, Matt Nash, Joel Clifton and Emilio Goytizolo – “Healthy Hearts Healthy Minds (HHHM)” – A social media campaign educating teenagers on tools and strategies to care for their mental wellbeing while at school.
Local High School students who have just been presented with their awards for completing Sonder Youth’s 10 week ‘Be a Changemaker’ Program.
Friday 30 June 2023 Selling to Government – refreshed content for businesses on supplying to the Australian Government The Future Made in Australia Office, within the Department of Finance, has refined the Selling to Government website. It now has updated information...
Wednesday 28 June 2023 Dear RDA Chairs, RDA Deputy Chairs, RDA Directors and RDA Executive Officers Consultation opens on new laws to protect Australians online Public consultation has commenced on a new framework to empower the Australian Communications and Media...