About RDA – FAR SOUTH COAST
What is the purpose of RDA – Far South Coast?
The south coast region of New South Wales faces major challenges in the future, and effective partnerships between Government, business and communities are needed in order to meet these challenges. RDA – Far South Coast plays a leading role in creating and coordinating these partnerships, and additionally it will provide strategic leadership on a range of regional development issues.
RDA – Far South Coast is a key facilitator for change and development in the NSW south coast region. We work towards the growth of the economy and the creation of increased job opportunities. As part of our economic development role RDA – Far South Coast places a strong emphasis on the strengthening of infrastructure, including social infrastructure. This is based on the belief that community development and economic development are inextricably linked. RDA – Far South Coast develops partnerships between the community, government and business to achieve identified community and economic goals.
RDA – Far South Coast Committee is comprised of members who are leaders of business and community organisations. The Committee identifies priorities and opportunities for employment, and economic and community development in our region. RDA – Far South Coast provides advice to the Australian and NSW State Governments about these opportunities and in doing so, acts as an important conduit between Government and the south coast region of New South Wales. Find out more at the tabs under ‘About Us’.
RDA – Far South Coast Staff
- Chief Executive Officer and Director of Regional Development: Fiona Hatcher
- Project Officer:
- Migration Manager: Lily Hatcher
- Regional Investment Officer (JBT):
- Admin Support/Migration Support Officer: Ashlea Heine
- RDA – Far South Coast Office: 81a North Street, Nowra, NSW, 2541
- Postal Address: PO Box 1227, Nowra, NSW, 2541
- Phone: 02 4422 9011
- Email: email@example.com
STRONG, CONFIDENT AND VIBRANT REGIONS
A NEW CHARTER FOR REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA
Regional Development Australia (RDA) is a national network of Committees made up of local leaders who work with all levels of government, business and community groups to support the economic development of their regions.
RDA Committees have an active and facilitative role in their communities and a clear focus on growing strong and confident regional economies that harness their competitive advantages, seize on economic opportunity and attract investment.
Working in close partnership with fellow RDA Committees, all levels of government, and the private sector, RDA Committees will:
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to identify economic opportunities and leverage private and public sector investment to the regions;
- Connect regional businesses, councils and industry sectors with international trade partners, financial markets and potential investors;
- Promote and disseminate information on Australian Government policies and grant programs to state and local governments and industry, business and community sectors;
- Support community stakeholders to develop project proposals to access funding;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the local government bodies in their regions;
- Facilitate public and private sector decentralisation;
- Assist in the delivery of Australian Government programs, where relevant and where requested by the Minister;
- Engage with regional entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders to explore new opportunities to grow local jobs in their regions;
- Provide information on their region’s activities and competitive advantages to all levels of government, industry, business and community sectors; and
- Provide evidence-based advice to the Australian Government on critical regional development issues positively and negatively affecting their regions.